Contracting of preparatory studies, works and equipment
- Preparation, assessment and update of the programme’s bid plan;
- Preparation of ToRs and tender documents for STIR (hydrocarbon-producing refinery) and for El Fouledh (steel producer) concerning the different projects and interventions of the reduction of industrial pollution component;
- Bidding support (if necessary);
- Control of bidding procedures in accordance with the funding institutions; and
- Participation in bid evaluation committees.
Monitoring and supervision of preparatory studies and works
- Assess the support needed from the different project promoters;
- Ensure progress monitoring of the preparatory studies and works for the different programme components;
- Ensure compliance, quality and approval of the studies (detailed design, ESIA, etc.) works, supplies and equipment;
- Review of proposed studies and technical solutions;
- Work closely together with the project promoters to ensure knowledge transfer with regard to studies and works monitoring and sustainable operation of completed works;
- Supervise and ensure the studies’ and works’ compliance; and
- Preparation and development of a sustainable infrastructure operation strategy including staff training in operation and maintenance of the equipment obtained through the programme.
Financial and accountancy management of all the interventions
- Prepare necessary standard documents for fund disbursement requests;
- Elaborate an accountancy system to ensure compliance with donor procedures;
- Support the project promoters in financial management of their component to ensure compliance with the programme budget (if necessary);
- Technical validation of preparatory studies and works for payment approval and preparation of disbursement requests; and
- Control of expenses compliance with the donor procedures.
Regular technical and financial reporting for all the interventions
- Development of templates for monitoring and technical and financial reporting documents in accordance with donor procedures;
- Ensure quality control of the data given in technical and financial reports and assist the project promoters in elaborating these reports (if necessary);
- Revise, comment and contribute to the writing of periodical technical and financial reports to be presented to the Steering Committee (COPIL – Comité de Pilotage) and the donors; and
- Develop a midway self-assessment report of all the project activities together with the project promoters.
Secretariat for meetings and all other activities of the Steering Committee (COPIL)
- Contribute to the elaboration of presentations and executive summaries to facilitate the understanding of the technical program components;
- Attend the COPIL meetings to assist the project promoters in presenting the programme progress of the technical components; and
- Ensure implementation of the decisions taken by the COPIL and assist the project promoters and other stakeholders.
Communication, sensitisation and environmental education activities
- Develop a communication strategy to give the programme international visibility and submit it to EIB and COPIL for approval; and
- Implement the communication strategy throughout the duration of the program (5 years).
Institutional and sustainability support functions
- Prepare manuals with procedures for the management of the scientific research fund, the sensitisation and environmental education fund and the sustainability fund; and
- Assist the project promoters in the preparation of tendering and contracting and the implementation of ad hoc interventions and different projects.