Contract signing: Higher Education Project (Phase I), Ukraine
In the presence of the Ukrainian Minister of Education and Science, Mr Serhiy Shkarlet, as well as Representatives from the European Investment Bank and the EU Delegation, GOPA Infra signed contracts for comprehensive thermal refurbishment with the following six universities on 26 July 2021:
- Chernihiv Polytechnic National University,
- Lviv Polytechnic National University,
- Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute,
- Yuri Kondratiuk Poltava Polytechnic,
- Sumy State University, and
- Vinnytsia National Technical University.
The EUR 59m. investment is financed by the EIB and the Eastern Europe Energy Efficiency and Environment Partnership (ESP) and will help to ensure comfortable conditions for students and academic staff. It is expected to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 19,200 tons or 48%, decrease energy consumption by 44% and save more than EUR 3.5m. annually.
GOPA Infra and its partners will be responsible for the design and supervision of the measures as well as for the related procurement activities.