The Syria Recovery Trust Fund (SRTF) was established for the financing of reconstruction activities to rebuild the country and alleviate the suffering of the Syrian people as a result of the on-going conflict. The SRTF was created to provide the international community with a vehicle to offer financial support to the National Coalition for responding to the needs of the Syrian people.
The Management Unit (MU) was established to manage the Fund and its allocations to projects addressing reconstruction, recovery, and stabilization to alleviate the suffering of the Syrian people.
Governing bodies of SRTF are the:
- Steering Board (SB), with frequent meetings two times a year,
- Management Committee (MC), meeting every three months,
- Director General of SRTF (DG).
The Junior Programme Associate (JPA) is a member of the Management Unit (MU) of the Syria Recovery Trust Fund (SRTF) and operates under the direct supervision of the Recovery Programme Section Head (RPSH) or his/her Deputy.
The JPA provides contract management, technical support and coordination on planning, design and monitoring of operations functions and content of projects and assist the Projects’ Managers (PMs) on database issues, implementation progress monitoring and management support, as may be requested, in projects addressing activities under the programme.
The selected candidate contributes and assists the PMs of the MU team in the delivery of a variety of project assignments and provides through his expertise the necessary support and contribution on contract management and the selection of materials/inputs. Overall, the JPA supports the MU Recovery team in meeting projects’ needs and services and contributes to the function of efficient and effective operations support in the recovery programme.
Last but not least, under the direct guidance of the RPSH provides support to any other task that he/she may be requested.
The incumbent, as the focal person for support and coordination of related programme tasks in projects across the sectors of operation, must ensure quality, relevance and accuracy in the delivery of assigned tasks and fulfilling particular assigned responsibilities, as follows:
- Ensure application of guidelines and procedures by the programme team with regards to the operations & procurement manuals,
- Liaise and collaborate with the PMs, on the initiation of project concepts and the preparation of proposals,
- Through coordination, promote results delivery in project planning and sound management in order to apply best practices at all project stages,
- Provide the necessary guidance and support to PM colleagues to collect and elaborate the necessary data and information related to project proposals and implementation,
- Coordinate with PMs and support the timely preparation of project documentation for submission, discussion and approval by the Recovery PSH,
- Contribute to capacity building and technology transfer plans through the project implementation schedule and project related functions (BOQs, specifications, tenders, contracts, etc.),
- Provide due diligence for contract agreements, procurement process and coordinate with PMs on seeking solutions on project issues,
- Follow-up on key monitoring milestones, as prepared by the PMs, for the infrastructure works in each project’s phases during implementation,
- Attend meetings, as required, and contribute to the project needs through professional knowledge and “problem-solving” ideas,
- Work closely with the PMs and coordinate on delivery of tasks in each sector and monitoring of progress at all the stages, namely: planning, tendering, implementation and completion.