The Syria Recovery Trust Fund (SRTF) was established for the financing of reconstruction activities to rebuild the country and alleviate the suffering of the Syrian people as a result of the on-going conflict. The SRTF was created to provide the international community with a vehicle to offer financial support to the National Coalition for responding to the needs of the Syrian people.
The Management Unit (MU) was established to manage the Fund and its allocations to projects addressing reconstruction, recovery, and stabilization to alleviate the suffering of the Syrian people.
Governing bodies of SRTF are the:
- Steering Board (SB), with frequent meetings two times a year,
- Management Committee (MC), meeting every three months,
- Director General of SRTF (DG).
The Junior Civil Engineer (JCE) is a member of the Management Unit (MU) of the Syria Recovery Trust Fund (SRTF) and operates under the direct supervision of the Programme Section Head (PSH) responsible for the Recovery Programme.
The JCE provides technical support and coordination on planning, design and monitoring of engineering functions and content of projects and assist the Projects Manager (PM) on engineering issues, implementation and management in projects addressing infrastructure rehabilitation and reconstruction activities under the programme.
The selected candidate contributes & assists the PMs of the MU team in the delivery of a variety of project assignments. Through his/her expertise, he/she provides the necessary support and contribution on contract management, selection of materials/inputs specifications and recommends sound applications & practices of engineering related tasks in projects. Overall, the JCE supports the MU team in meeting projects’ needs and services and contributes in the function of an efficient and effective engineering support in the recovery programme.
Last but not least, under the direct guidance of the PSH provides support to any other task that he/she may be requested.
The incumbent is the focal person for support and coordination of related engineering tasks in projects across the sectors of operation and must ensure quality, relevance, and accuracy in the delivery of the tasks assigned and in fulfilling particular responsibilities assigned, as follows:
- Liaise and collaborate with the PMs, on the initiation of project concepts & the preparation of proposals,
- Through coordination, promote results delivery in project planning, engineering know-how, and sound management practices so that best practices are applied at all the project stages,
- Provide the necessary guidance & support to PM colleagues in the collection and elaboration of the necessary data and information related to project proposals and implementation,
- Coordinate & support the timely preparation of design and BoQs for submission, discussion and approval by the PSH,
- Contribute to plans for capacity building & technology transfer through the project implementation schedule and project related functions (BOQs, Specifications, tenders, contracts, etc.),
- Provide due diligence for contract agreements, procurement process and coordinate with PMs on seeking solutions on corresponding challenges,
- Establish key monitoring milestones for the infrastructure works in each of the projects during preparation phase, performance, budgets, and quality assurance on delivery,
- Attend meetings, as required, and contribute to the project needs through professional knowledge and “problem-solving” ideas,
- Work closely with the PMs and coordinate on delivery of works in each sector at all the stages, namely: planning, design, tendering, implementation and completion.