For our 'Water Institutional Services' team we are currently searching for a consultant/project manager (m/f) with specialisation in utility and water management. Place of work is our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt), Germany.
The 'Water Institutional Services' team provides advisory services to public authorities and other stakeholders in water sector reform and regulation. It focuses on capacity building projects with water and wastewater utilities, water sector and environmental institutions, authorities or ministries as well as on the restructuring and reorganisation level of national water sectors and regulatory implementation and Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM).
As consultant/project manager you cover the whole project cycle, from the acquisition of new donor-funded projects to negotiations and the technical and financial backstopping of on-going projects. Moreover, you travel worldwide for fact finding, backstopping and short-term missions.
Your tasks in brief
- Tracking of projects/early intelligence, research of background information;
- Contact to/networking with donors, clients, partners, and experts; and
- Preparation of Expressions of Interest (EoI), pre-qualification documents and proposals: identification of experts and partners, negotiations, preparation of methodologies and financial proposals, fact finding on-site, proposal coordination.
- Management of projects from a technical and financial point of view;
- Coordination and supervision of water projects;
- Review and preparation of reports;
- Technical, administrative, and logistical support for the project team on site; and
- Donor, client, partner, and expert management.
- Missions abroad (short- and medium-term) in international water and/or infrastructure projects.
- A challenging and varied job in a motivated team;
- An international work environment;
- Short communication and decision-making processes combined with a considerable scope of action;
- Possibilities for personal and career development; and
- A secure employment on a permanent basis.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please send your application (cover letter and CV in English, references/certificates if available) to
GOPA Infra GmbH
Ms Natascha Lehnert
61348 Bad Homburg
T. +49 (0) 6172 930 475